Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: kŏn'strŭkt, IPA: /ˈkɒnstrʌkt/, SAMPA: /"kQnstrVkt/
- (US) enPR: kän'strŭkt, IPA: /ˈkɑnstrʌkt/, SAMPA: /"kAnstrVkt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Something made from parts.
- That artwork is a construct of wires and tubes.
- A concept or model.
- The construct of the world being flat was changed due to Copernicus' telescope.
- (something constructed from parts) construction
- (concept, model) concept, idea, model, notion, representation
- (transitive) To make, build, or form (something) by putting the parts together.
- We constructed the radio from parts.
- (transitive) Similarly, to build (a sentence or an argument) by arranging words or ideas.
- A sentence may be constructed with a subject, verb and object.
- (transitive); (geometry) To draw a figure by following a method.
- (build or form by assembling parts) assemble, build, form, make, put together
- (build (a sentence or argument)) form