Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Construction is the act of building something.
- The workers began construction of the new hospital last week.
- The recent downturn in the economy is causing a lot of pain in the construction industry with few new homes being built.
- Construction is the way that something is made.
- The stone construction of these buildings makes them very cold in the winter.
- (linguistics) In language, a construction is a combination of form and meaning.
- Spoken English doesn't use as many passive constructions as written English.
- A construction is a particular way that something is understood.
- In this book, the meaning of "man" is not a simple natural thing; it is a social construction.
- A construction is a building, bridge, tower, model, or large piece of art.
- A large and unusual construction stood just outside town.