Third person singular
- (transitive) If you build something, you make it out of pieces of other things.
- (transitive) If you build something, you make it bigger, stronger, or better.
- This is a new idea that others can build upon.
- This plan gives us a foundation on which to build better, long-term water-sharing agreements.
- Baseball players drink milk to build muscles.
- The school is building a reputation for good teaching.
- (countable) Your build is the shape of your body.
- He was a man of medium build with short hair.
- (computers); (countable) A build is a version of a computer program.
- I downloaded the latest build last night to test it.