Jump to navigation Jump to search
- point is part of the Basic English 850.
- A point is a position with no size, or a small dot.
- These two lines meet at this point.
- A point is the sharp end of a knife or other sharp thing.
- He used the point of the knife to make a hole in the can.
- The point of something is the reason or purpose for it.
- The whole point of coming here was to plant this tree, so let's not go home without doing it.
- (informal) A point is a dot between two numbers. To the dot's right, you find a decimal.
- Synonym: decimal point
- You need a point between the one and the zero.
- To point at something is to hold one finger (or a stick, arrow or other long, thin thing) in the direction of the thing so that people will look at the thing.
- He pointed her toward the gate.