Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /wɜːd/, SAMPA: /w3:d/
- (US) enPR: wûrd, IPA (key): /wɝd/, SAMPA: /w3`d/
Audio (US) (file)
- Words are the smallest meaningful pieces of a language that can be used on their own.
- Do you even understand the words I am saying?!
- Class, if you are not sure on any word, be sure to check the dictionary.
- A word is a short conversation.
- Can I have a word with you, John?
- Mr. Gambini, a word with you, please?
- A word is a promise given to someone.
- She gave him her word that she would pay him the money on Tuesday.
- You have my word for it that the work will be finished before the weekend.
- A word is a piece of news.
- Send word to John that Mary is here.
- The word is that Mary stole some money from John.
- When Christians speak about the Bible, they sometimes call it the Word.
- Synonym: Bible