Jump to navigation Jump to search
Allocation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) An allocation is the amount that is given out or shared.
- Our department's allocation of computer time is too small.
- We need to increase the allocation of funds to fix the roads problem.
- (countable & uncountable) Allocation is the act of giving out or sharing something.
- The budget allocations are becoming less and less frequent.
- With the new focus on the environment, governments are rethinking their resource allocation plans.
- The broad allocation of contracts means that we don't depend on any one company.