Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: de‧part‧ment
- A department is a part of a business, school, hospital or other institution that has a particular job.
- The Department of Health is planning to build three new hospitals in the area.
- It's often difficult to get the various government departments to work together.
- He was in the Department of Law at the Keele University for nearly 20 years.
- Professor Swallow, became Head of the English Department at Rummidge University.
- The toy department is over there past
- A department is a part of a large store, which sells one kind of product.
- You can find balls in the sporting goods department.
- Somebody's department is the things that they are good at or responsible for.
- Sorry, I can't help you. That's not my department.