Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A fund is an amount of money kept for a specific purpose.
- GM cannot afford to keep paying into the company pension fund.
- Our fund-raising campaign has a target of $100,000.
- (plural) An organisation's funds are the money that it has.
- The school is raising funds to pay for the new library.
- The sports centre closed because of a lack of funds.
- (transitive) If you fund something, you give it money for its activities.
- The project is jointly funded by the Government of Canada and the International Red Cross.
- The university will no longer fund research into this drug.