Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- acid is part of the Basic English 850.
- (chemistry); (countable) An acid is a liquid with a high number of hydrogen ions in it that can burn things.
- Fruit often has a little acid in it.
- The acid burned the table.
- Acids taste sour but bases taste bitter.
- If something is acid, it is like an acid, from an acid, or acidic.
- The factories nearby have made the lake more acid.
- If something has an acid taste, it is sour.
- (figurative) If something said or done to you was acid, it was hurtful.
- Their acid comments are painful.