Jump to navigation Jump to search
- burn is part of the Basic English 850.
- If something has been cooked too much, then it is burned.
- When part of your body is injured because of the heat, then it has been burned.
- If you touch a hot pan of water, you can burn yourself.
- Things on fire are burning.
- The house next door is burning.
- (slang) A person is burned if someone else successfully insults him.
Related words and phrases[change]
- (countable) A burn is an injury caused when you burn yourself.
- The burn on my arm hurts.