Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ˈbeɪsɪk/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: ba‧sic
- When something is basic, it is simple.
- Synonym: simple
- Antonyms: complex, complicated and difficult
- When something is basic, it is fundamental or important.
- Synonyms: fundamental, important and essential
- Antonym: unimportant
- (chemistry) Something that is basic has a pH level more than 7, and makes acidic solutions more neutral.
- Synonym: base
- (usually plural) Basics are things that are essential.