- sharp is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- Having a cutting edge; not dull.
- He has a sharp knife.
- Intelligent or quick to learn.
- That girl is sharp.
- Strong in flavor.
- That lemonade is sharp.
- I would like sharp Cheddar cheese.
- (having a cutting edge) pointed, razor-sharp, jagged, prickly, spiky
- (intelligent) intelligent, quick to learn, quick, sharp-witted
- (strong in flavor) strong, tasty
- (having a cutting edge) rounded, dull, blunt, smooth
- (intelligent) dumb, stupid, slow to learn, slow, dimwitted, unintelligent
- (strong in flavor) weak, bland, mild