Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈdɪkʃən(ə)ɹi/, SAMPA: /"dIkS@n(@)ri/
- (US) enPR: dĭk'shə-nĕr"ē, IPA: /ˈdɪkʃənˌɛɹi/, SAMPA: /"dIkS@n%Eri/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A dictionary is a book that tells you what words mean, and how to spell them. A lot of dictionaries will also tell you about etymology (where words come from) and pronunciation (how to speak them).
- You are reading an online dictionary right now.
- The words in a printed dictionary are in alphabetical order.
- I looked up the dictionary to find the meaning of the word business.