- (countable) A trail is a way to get to a place, usually made of dirt and used by hikers or horse riders.
- That trail leads into the woods.
- (countable) A trail is a path that is followed by a hunter.
- (transitive) If you trail someone, you follow that person.
- If you don't know the way you can trail me when I go.
- The thief must have trailed me home.
- (transitive) If you trail something, you drag it or drop it behind you.
- (transitive) If you leave a trail of something, you leave material behind as you move.
- The snail left a trail of slime.
- The tail of a comet is trailing gas and dust.