Jump to navigation Jump to search
- noun 1
- noun 2
- (countable) A lead is a wire or strap attached to something.
- The dog can't go far because it's on a short lead.
- Attach this lead to one end of the battery.
- (uncountable) Lead is a very heavy gray metal. It's a chemical symbol is Pb.
- This box is so heavy, it feels as if it's full of lead.
Third person singular
- Someone is leading other people if the person is going first and the other people are following or coming after.
- Please lead us to the house, because you know how to go there.
- Showing or telling other people what to do.
- He moves that little stick in the air to lead the people making music.
Lead bricks stopping radioactive rays from coming out
|The Periodic Table|