- (countable) A part of you that cannot be seen or touched. Souls are prominent in some religions and myths.
- He went to church hoping to save his soul.
- Ghosts are said to be souls of people who have died.
- (countable) Your mind or feelings.
- There is a pain deep in my soul.
- (uncountable) True feeling, or feeling very human.
- I love his music because it is full of soul.
- (uncountable) A kind of music. Soul is usually sung and is often by African Americans.
- She was the greatest soul singer of her time.