Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: sōl, IPA (key): /səʊl/, SAMPA: /s@Ul/
- (US) enPR: sōl, IPA (key): /soʊl/, SAMPA: /soUl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophones: Seoul, sole
- (countable) A part of you that cannot be seen or touched. Souls are prominent in some religions and myths.
- (countable) Your mind or feelings.
- There is a pain deep in my soul.
- (uncountable) True feeling, or feeling very human.
- I love his music because it is full of soul.
- (uncountable) A kind of music. Soul is usually sung and is often by African Americans.
- She was the greatest soul singer of her time.