- mind is part of the Basic English 850.
- Someone's mind is the part of them that thinks.
- In my mind I know I must go, but in my heart I want to stay here.
- We will solve this problem. We have the best minds in the country working on it.
- If you mind some action or thing, you feel negatively about it.
- "Do you mind if I sit here?" "No, not at all"
- "It's raining outside. You should take an umbrella" "It's OK, I don't mind the rain"
- If you mind someone or something, you look after it.
- "Could you mind the children while I go to the bathroom?"