- If something is solid, it is hard and keeps its shape.
- When he went out in the morning, the water had frozen solid.
- After it has cooled, the solid gold is moved to a safer place.
- If something is solid , its only material is .
- Copper mixed with silver made a much cheaper spoon than solid silver.
- If something is solid, it has not spaces inside or between.
- The traffic was a solid line of cars as far as you could see.
- The wall looked solid, but when he knocked it made a hollow sound.
- If something is solid, it is good and will not break or change easily.
- Don't worry about the chair. It's solid as a rock.
- The police had enough solid evidence to put him in jail.