Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) (US) IPA (key): /sʌm/, SAMPA: /sVm/
- (AU) IPA (key): /sam/, SAMPA: /sam/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): sum
- (indefinite) Some is an amount or number of something; the amount is not exact or specific.
- Would you like some grapes?
- Everyone is wrong some of the time.
- He had edited the paper for some years.
- (indefinite) (singular) (count & non-count) An unspecified or unknown.
- I've just met some man who said he knew you.
- You used some in front of a number to mean that it's close to that number, but maybe not exactly.
- Some 200 people attended the event.