Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (AU) IPA (key): /pɔə/
- (UK) IPA (key): /pʊə/, SAMPA: /pU@/
- (Southern UK) IPA (key): /pɔː(r)/, SAMPA: /pO:(r)/
- (US) IPA (key): /pʊr/, /pɔr/, SAMPA: /pUr/, /pOr/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Someone who is poor has little or no money.
- He is very poor.
- Something that is poor is bad quality.
- The painting was a poor job.
- You use poor before someone's name or a pronoun when you feel bad for that person.
- Tom is all alone. Poor Tom!
- Oh, poor you! I can't believe that happened.
- The poor are a group of people who have little or no money.
- This work is to help the poor.