Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈfɔːt͡ʃənɪt/ or /ˈfɔːt͡ʃənət/
- (US) IPA: /ˈfɔɹt͡ʃənɪt/ or /ˈfɔɹt͡ʃnɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: for‧tu‧nate
- If you are fortunate good things have happened to you, or you have good things.
- You are very fortunate to have such good friends.
- I was fortunate to have a map when I became lost.
- I try to help those who are less fortunate than myself.
- If something fortunate happens, it is a good thing.
- Winning that prize was a very fortunate event for me.