Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You use plus when you add numbers.
- Two plus two is four.
- The TV is $299 plus tax.
- The margin of error is plus or minus one per cent.
- and also
- The farm has over 5,000 horses, plus a few cats and dogs.
- You use plus after a number to mean "more than" or "over".
- The country has a population of 3 million plus.
- He got a B+ on his test.
- minus ( - )
- (countable) A plus is a good thing.
- I know you don't like it, but there are big pluses about living here.
- On the plus side though, it is small and easy to use.
- (countable) A plus is a plus sign:
- You don't have to write the plus in front of positive numbers, but always write the minus in front of negative numbers.
- used before the last item in a list
- I like singing, reading, and tennis plus playing soccer.
- used to show what happened after something else
- The alarm went off plus I woke up.