Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A pen is a writing tool that uses ink.
- She sat down with pen and paper and started a letter to her aunt.
- He picked up his ballpoint pen, crossed out some words.
- (countable) A pen is a small area with a fence around it, usually for animals.
- The pigs walked slowly around their pen.
- (transitive) If you pen something, you compose it and write it down.
- The letter was penned by Shakespeare just before he died.
- I penned my first song when I was in college.
- (transitive) If you pen an animal, you put it in a pen.
- (transitive) If someone is penned in, they are in a place and cannot get out easily.
- Most of them were penned in watching the TV with their parents.