- A fence is like a thin wall that is not part of a building. It stops people or animals from going from one outdoors place to another. It may have many big holes that you can see through, but not big enough for people to walk through.
- We put up a tall fence around the yard so that the dog couldn't get out.
- A fence is a person who buys things from people who stole the things, and then sells the things again to other people.
- I don't think anyone will steal this, because they wouldn't get much money for it. They'd have to sell it to a fence.
- When someone fences a piece of land, they put up a fence around it.
- This field has been fenced for years, because they used to keep cows here.
- When someone fences, they fight with swords as a sport.
- I can hear the sound of the swords hitting each other, from people practicing fencing in the gym.
- When someone fences something, they sell it to a fence.
- We can't give you back what we stole. We fenced it.