Jump to navigation Jump to search
- open is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) enPR: ō'pən, IPA (key): /ˈəʊ.pən/, SAMPA: /"@Up@n/
- (US) enPR: ō'pən, IPA (key): /ˈoʊ.pən/, SAMPA: /"oUp@n/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- To move something to the side to allow entrance.
- I will open the door for our guests.
- To prepare for business.
- Synonym: prepare
- She opened the store.
- Having a hole or opening, not closed.
- The door was open.
- Available for business.
- Antonym: closed
- The shop is open.