Jump to navigation Jump to search
- operation is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /ˌɒpəˈɹeɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%Qp@"reIS@n/
- (US) IPA: /ˌɑːpəˈɹeɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%A:p@"reIS@n/
Audio (US) (file)
- An operation is a medical process, often opening the human body.
- The doctors performed the operation in three hours.
- An operation is an action of a group of people working for a goal (often military).
- The Army operation was a success.
- An operation is part or all of a business. (often plural)
- The company's East Coast operation was bigger than its West Coast operation.
- (mathematics) An operation is a symbol that is used to perform a specific operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication or division) in maths.
- The plus symbol is used to perform a specific operation in maths which is addition.