Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Something offensive is mean, insulting, and unpleasant.
- (team sports) If something is offensive, it has to do with a play where the team is trying to score.
- The offensive coordinator is responsible for ordering all rushing plays.
- (countable) An attack.
- The Marines today launched a major offensive.
- (uncountable) In a position of attacking or being able to attack.
- He took the offensive in the press, accusing his opponent of corruption.