- (UK) enPR: skô, IPA: /skɔː/, SAMPA: /skO:/
- (US) enPR: skôr, IPA: /skoʊr/, IPA: /skɔːr/, SAMPA: /skO:r/
Audio (US) (file)
- The numbers used to tell who is winning in a sport or game.
- The final score for the ball game was 30 to 17.
- A copy of written music, usually for an orchestra. Usually, this means all the written music for a piece of music.
- I have the whole score for the Brandenburg Concertos.
- The results of a test or quiz.
- You must earn a score of at least 70 to pass the test.
- The number 20. This is an old meaning, people don't use score for this much any more.
- Four score and seven years ago.
- To gain points in a game, so that your score is increased.
- The basketball player just scored three points!
- To get a specific result on a text or quiz.
- I scored a 95 on the test!
- (slang) To have sex.
- (slang) To get something.
- I scored some tickets to the game tonight.
- To make a groove in paper or cardboard.