Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /əˈfɛns/
- Hyphenation: of‧fence
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) An offence is an action that breaks the law.
- Murder is a serious criminal offence.
- (uncountable) When you give offence to someone, you do something that they don't like.
- I didn't mean to give offence, but I didn't know that you don't do that in China.
- (uncountable) The offence is the person or team who is attacking.
- For the first time in the game, Arsenal goes on the offence.