- (indefinite) (singular) (non-count) the smallest amount of; little of
- She does the most cleaning, but the least cooking.
- No German, least of all the East Germans, wanted Soviet troops to stay.
- There are at least four problems with the idea.
- Nobody works hard, but she does the least.
- Having the smallest amount of a characteristic in a group.
- Antonym: most
- People are least likely to live in the far north.
- The phone always rings just when you least expect it.
- The least is the smallest amount, importance, duration, etc.
- Antonym: greatest
- The power is least in this case.
- The least difference is still important.
- He was not the least bit interested my ideas.
- This accident is the least of our problems.
Least describes the negative superlative form of all comparable adjectives. For example, with the adjective intelligent, the negative superlative is least intelligent. A similar form is the negative comparative (as in less intelligent).