Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈlandskeɪp/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: land‧scape
- (countable) A landscape is a piece of land or territory which can all be seen at once in a single view.
- (countable) A landscape is a picture or painting that shows something by land or sea.
- The landscape of downtown Manhattan is amazing!
- (printing) If you print something in landscape, whatever is printed will have the sides shorter than the height of the page printed. The alternative to landscape is *portrait* mode, where the sides are longer than the height of the page printed.
- (printing mode): portrait
- (intransitive) If you landscape, you work on or maintain the grounds of a building or other place.
- Many people who enjoy the outdoors like to landscape for themselves, and not hire a landscaper.