Jump to navigation Jump to search
- land is part of the Basic English 850.
- Land is the part of the Earth that is not water
- The Earth is 70% water, and 30% land.
- A land is a country or region
- Land is an area of ground that can be used for farming, making buildings, etc.
- All this land belongs to me.
- (intransitive) When you land, you fall onto the ground.
- (intransitive) When an airplane lands, it comes down from the air onto the ground.
- The plane landed in Chicago.
- (transitive) When you land an airplane, you use the controls to bring it down on the ground.
- The pilot landed the big plane.