Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A person's, animal's, or group's territory is land he, she, or they claim, own, or control.
- The wolf defended its territory.
- (countable) (by extension) Your territory is what belongs to you. This could mean things, power, mates, or even responsibilities.
- Don't move into my territory in this office, especially not in sales.
- I heard one of the girls tell her friends to stay away from him because he's her territory.
- (countable) A territory large amount of land, like a country or a state. Often, this means a large piece of land claimed as part of a country.
- Porta Rico is a U.S. territory, but not a state.