Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If a person, animal or plant is female it is of the sex that can have babies or produce eggs or seeds. Girls and women are female people.
- Synonym: ♀
- The test says your baby will be female.
- Yes, I have a female dog.
- If something is female, it is of, for, or about women or girls.
- The girls can change in the female change room over there.
- This movie is good for a female audience.
- A female is a person, animal, or plant that can have babies or produce eggs.
- In humans, females are called women or girls.
Saying female to mean girl or woman is right and common in some dialects. In other dialects female is used only as an adjective, and using it as noun is wrong. Using female to mean an animal or plant is more widely accepted.