Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A film is a recording of a moving picture that tells stories including actors, directors, and producers.
- The studio has hired some actors to make a film about the making of Wiktionary.
- Let's go to the theatre and watch a film.
- (uncountable) The art or business of making films.
- I studied film at college and now I'm a writer.
- (countable & uncountable) Film is a thin, clear material used for taking photographs or movies.
- My new camera is digital and doesn't need film.
- (countable & uncountable) A film is a flat, thin material or substance often covering something.
- The soap left a sticky film on the glass.
- We use a plastic film to protect the food.