Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- A harbor is some water in a curve of land where it's safe for boats because there are no big waves.
- A ship in the harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are for.
- (transitive) To provide a harbor or safe place for something or someone.
- The old docks once harbored all kinds of ships, but they have been closed for years now.
- (intransitive) To take refuge or shelter somewhere.
- The ships harbor in the bay during the winter months.
- (transitive) To hold onto an idea.
- Sam has harbored resentment against Joe since Joe got the job they both applied for.