- If you go on with something, you continue to do it.
- I hate it. I can't go on living like this.
- He stopped, not wanting to go on with the story.
- If somebody stops speaking, you say go on to tell them to keep speaking.
- "So, I was thinking... um" "Go on."
- If you go on to do something, you do it after something else.
- She went on to study math in university. (after high school)
- If you go on about something, you talk about it for a long time.
- He's always going on about how hard things are.