Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: ē-vəl, IPA (key): /ˈiːvəl/, SAMPA: /"i:v@l/
- enPR: ē-vĭl, IPA (key): /ˈiːvɪl/, SAMPA: /"i:vIl/
Audio (US) (file)
- The opposite of good, if something is evil it is very far from good or is against good. This usually means behaving in a way that is not moral or not ethical.
- Hitler was a very evil person.
- (uncountable) The quality of being evil; evilness.
- He was so full of evil I do not think he knew what good was.
- Something that causes harm, or harm itself.
- We faced many evils on our journey.
- The source or cause of evil as a spiritual or supernatural force. This is often called "true evil."
- I have seen things that lead me to believe that real evil exists.
- When you say you believe in true evil I take it you mean the devil.