- (countable) Dreams are the images and things you see when you are sleeping.
- In my dream I had forgotten the baby in a drawer.
- I had a dream that I was in a magical world with fairies and evil witches.
- (countable) A dream is something you wish for or hope will happen.
- The company is succeeding beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
- He decided to fulfill his childhood dream of becoming a police officer.
- (intransitive) If you dream about something, you wish for it.
- She dreamed of becoming a concert pianist.
- If we go to sleep, we'll dream that we're awake.