Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ɪˈmæd͡ʒ.ɪn/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: imag‧ine
- (transitive) If you imagine something, you make a picture of it in your head.
- Imagine that you're sitting at a table with all the food you can eat.
- I imagined myself fighting a monster.
- I imagined myself in a forest while an animal was chasing after me.
- I felt creepy when I imagined a spider crawling on me.
- It feels fun to imagine myself in the 50s and 90s, i wasn't even born in those decades.
- (transitive) If you imagine something, you think or believe it without knowing.
- I imagine everybody will be there.
- Maybe you just imagined that the phone rang.