Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: dis‧course
- (old, no longer used), (uncountable) Discourse is conversation.
- (uncountable) Discourse is communication in words of either talking or writing.
- (countable) A discourse is a long formal discussion about a topic, either through talking or in writing.
- (countable) A discourse is any reasonable expression or reason.
- (conversation): debate, discussion, conversation, talk
- (communication in words): communication, expression
- (long formal discussion): lecture, sermon
- (intransitive) If someone discourses, they talk or converse with someone else; they make conversation.
- (intransitive) If someone discourses, they write or talk formally and for a good length of time.