- death is part of the Basic English 850.
- The end of life and existence.
- Death and destruction are a part of war.
- The state of being dead.
- She looked happy, even in death.
- The end of one's life and existence.
- The death of my wife was hard to accept.
- She has seen many deaths.
- My uncle's death made the whole family feel sad.
- (end of life) bereavement, loss, passing away, demise, decease
- (state of being dead) deadness, lifelessness
- (end of one life) fatality, casualty
- (end of life) birth, gain
- (state of being dead) life, deathlessness, vitality
- (end of one life) birth