Crucial is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- When something is crucial, it is very important. It will make a big difference. You cannot succeed without it.
- To write a great book, it's crucial to have the person in the book change and develop.
- It was a crucial time in the battle when the king dropped his sword.
- The development of this company is at a crossroads, and we need to make some crucial decisions.
- Iron plays a crucial role in moving oxygen around the body.
- The new doctor was crucial to the success of the operation.