Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈbætəl/ or [ˈbatʰɫ̩]
- (US) enPR: băt'l, IPA (key): /ˈbætl̩/ or [ˈbæɾɫ̩] or [bætɫ̩]
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: bat‧tle
- (countable) A battle is when different groups or teams fight each other.
- (countable) A battle is a personal challenge or struggle.
- After a long battle with cancer, he finally returned to work.
- (transitive & intransitive) If teams or people battle, they fight.
- In World War II, Germany and England battled for control of Europe.
- Learning a new language is difficult, but if you keep battling, you will learn it.
- The Nutcracker and the toys came to life to battle the Mouse King and his army.