Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If you are busy, you are doing something and not available to do something else.
- I'm sorry, I'm busy on Monday. Can we get together on Wednesday?
- I'm too busy to go to the movies.
- The doctor's busy with another emergency.
- We need something to keep the kids busy in the car.
- If a time is busy, there is little or no time to rest because of work or other activities.
- Things are really busy at the office this week. I have five meetings tomorrow.
- December is a busy time of year for many shops.
- Cooking every day is very difficult with my busy schedule.
- If a place is busy, there are many people or vehicles moving about.
- The roads are busy this morning, so give yourself extra time.
- Hartsfield-Jackson International is the world's busiest airport.
- If a telephone is busy someone is using it and cannot take a call.
- I tried to call him, but the line was busy.
- If a design is busy there are too many small elements in it.
- I don't think you should wear that busy dress.
- (transitive), (often with reciprocal pronouns) If you busy yourself, you find things to do to fill your time.
- He busied himself with fixing his tie as he waited for her to arrive.