Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- (countable) A box is a square container, usually with four sides, a top and a bottom.
- We had big cardboard boxes filled with the stuff.
- I gave my seat to an old woman with a chicken in a wooden box.
- It was always fun to open my lunch box and see what my mom had packed.
- Jack Ferguson found a box containing his son's personal papers,
- After the party, there were empty pizza boxes everywhere.
- UPS had delivered a stack of boxes.
- (countable) A box is a container.
- The address was a local post office box, not a physical address.
- My cell phone was in the glove box of the car.
- (countable) A box is a square area with lines around it in a magazine, book, or computer screen.
- It's especially important to speak to your doctor if you belong to this group (see box on page 118).
- Right-click in any Explorer window or any Open or Save dialog box.
- (countable) A box is an electronic device such as a television, radio, or computer.
- We'd brought a boom box out back and played the only radio station that came in.
- More TVs get connected to the Internet, either directly or through set-top boxes.
- bento box
- black box
- blue box
- firebox / fire-box
- box office / box-office
- box spring / box-spring
- boxcar / box-car
- carboard box
- box jellyfish
- dialog box
- voice box
- penalty box
- musical box
- telephone box
- text box / textbox
- suggestion box
- fusebox / fuse-box
- first-aid box