Third person singular
- (transitive & intransitive) When you bet, you take a chance with money or something else on the result of a future event.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you bet something is true, you strongly believe it.
- I bet you left it on the table.
- You used "you bet" to show you agree with somebody.
- "Could you help me here?" "You bet! What do you need?"
- I bet my life that he said it.
- (countable) A bet is the thing of value or amount of money that you bet.
- (countable) A good bet is something you should believe, or try.
- "Where can I get that book?" "I think the school library is your best bet."