Audio (US) (file)
- (modal) Would is used to show your past plan or decision.
- He said he would be seeing Mr Moi in Bonn on Monday.
- (modal) Would is used to show that in the past you expected something to happen.
- It would soon be time to go home, but I didn't want to leave.
- It looked like it would rain soon.
- (modal) Would is used to show that something happened regularly in the past but not now.
- Every summer we would go to the lake for a few weeks.
- When I was in Ottawa, the snow would be so deep you couldn't walk.
- (modal) Would is used to talk about unreal, unlikely, or conditional situations.
- You wouldn't like it if you had to see it every day.
- If I could choose I would go to bed at about two o'clock in the morning.
- I think if he wanted you he would have come to you, don't you?
- " equals . If equals two, what would be?" " would be ten."
- (modal) Would is used to ask politely for something.
- Would you please explain that to me?
- Would you mind if I had a party while you were away?
- (modal) Would is used to offer something politely.
- Would you like to go out for lunch then?
- Would you have some bread?
- (modal) Would is used to give advice.
- I would go back and talk to him about it.
- (modal) Would is used to show that something is typical, usually when you are unhappy about it. In this case, it's always stressed.
- He would come just when we were leaving.