Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable & uncountable) Ashes are what is left of something after it has burned (been destroyed by fire).
- The was nothing left of the wood but ashes.
- He was covered in ash from the fire.
- After the funeral we kept his ashes in a vase on the table.
- (uncountable) Ash is a light gray color. The color of wood ashes.
- My sister loved to wear ash-gray cloths.
- (countable) An ash is a type of tree.
- I had an ash growing in my yard.
- There are several ashes in the lot across the street.
- The letter Æ (capital) / æ (lower case). This letter is not used often in modern English. It is found in Old English and some other languages, and is an IPA symbol.