Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) If affects , then causes a change in .
- The movement of the soccer ball was affected by the wind.
- Sigmund Freud's ideas were affected by the writings of Frederick Nietzsche.
- How do you think the new government will affect the economy?
- (transitive) If you affect a way of speaking, walking, dressing, etc., you pretend that it is your normal way, often to impress people.
- "No, ma'm," Robert said, affecting a southern accent.
- (countable & uncountable) Your affect is the emotion or feeling you have in response to an idea, object, etc.
- Actors need to bring out the affect of the scene.
- (uncountable) Affect is emotion or emotional response.
- When teaching, we need to consider both ideas and affect.